Hon. Ibrahim Muhammad Panti
This is Our Niger State
The Ministry was charge with the responsibility of handling the provision of infrastructural facilities such as roads, schools, hospitals, residential quarters, recreational centers e.t.c as well as the maintenance of such facilities on behalf of the State Government.
As one of the busiest Ministry its source of funding is directly from the State Ministry of Finance. These funds provide is basically for the discharge of the duty, having satisfied all the bureaucratic protocols. During the then Military Administrator of Col. Mohammed Lawal Gwadabe, the Computer units in each Ministry were establish, in order to ensure that there was judicious spending of Government funds and to facilitates preparation of comprehensive financial report on date of about 13 years.
The Niger State Ministry of Works and Infrastructural Development, Minna use the Computer unit to keep the proper transactions and extra Ministerial Department such as payrolls, cash books, personnel record, payment vouchers, and advances. Interest and other allowances, tax record, asset and liabilities and the State Government annual budget estimate e.t.c. the Department of Planning, Research and Statistics coordinate all the Departments both professional and Administration. All in charge of progress report of the Ministry.
The Ministry has its organizational charts; with Honourable Commissioner as head of the Ministry and the Permanent Secretary Works and Infrastructural Development. Directors as the head of Department, who monitors the affairs of the unit, followed by the Deputy Director and Assistant Director.
The Ministry has Six (6) Departments as follows:-
a. Administrative Department
b. Civil Engineering Department
c. Public Building Department
d. Mechanical/Electrical Department
e. Planning, Research and Statistics Department
f. Procurement Department
To efficiently provide the infrastructural requirements in terms of Roads, Electricity and Public Building to rural and urban areas in order to move Niger State to an enviable position in the country.
Statuory Functions Of The Ministry
- Designing, Construction and maintenance of State Roads, township roads and drainages.
- It provides consultancy services to other Government Department and local Government authorities.
- Road furniture maintenance.
- Maintenance of road drainage.
- Bridge and culvert maintenance work.
- Designing, Costing and supervising of all Government building projects, for all MDA’s in the State.
- The Department undertakes direct labour on building construction/renovation.
- It provides consultancy services to other MDA’s, by advising on all matters, relating to building projects.
- Designing and costing Mechanical/Electrical engineering services for all Government capital projects and supervising same.
- Provide solar powered streetlight in the State.
- Maintenance of Mechanical/Electrical installations in Government building and facilities.
- Purchase, maintenance/repairs of earth moving plants, vehicle and stationary plant.
- Conducting training of artisans and assistant work superintendents (AWS) trade.
Our Organizational charts
THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR
THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSIONER